Startup Logs 14 - more clarityStartup Logs
May 11, 2021
Reading time: 1 minute
I learned a lot after being in "talking to customer" mode.
As I "launched" my website generator, I'm realizing a lot of things.
- It's been like 2 days of "talking to customers" mode and I don't know who to talk to. But by simply being in this mode and searching through the dark, I gained so much clarity.
- I want to redesign app's main feature (website creation) but this is kinda like building more features, except this is more like a completely new redesign of the app.
- My plan is to make it the simplest way to build an app - just input all your data in the home page and it'll spit out a website for you without leaving the landing page.
- Maybe with that, I can launch on Product Hunt.
- I believe there is value that my product has. The really hard thing is trying to bring that out and communicate it clearly to other people.
- A part of bringing out the value isn't only in landing page copy, I also can see a way to redesign the app to make it even simpler to walk away with a website.
- I can talk to many customers but literally explaining with words what my website does and why you should use it and having to create tutorials to teach people how to use it is less effective than redesigning the app to really SHOW what it's all about.
- Therefore, I will "build more features."